Tuesday 30 January 2018

Strong Armed by JC Boyd | Joshua Robertson

Originally posted by Joshua Robertson:




Enjoy this interview with my brother, JC Boyd, and the excellent short story he wrote in my Thrice NIne Legends saga, featuring one of the cannabalistic centaurs.

When did you start writing?


As I recall, my brother suggested we write stories one lazy, summer afternoon. I thought the idea was ludicrous, but being the younger, I followed his lead. The memory still lurks in the back of my mind as one of the best. Over the years, Joshua has continued to push me to write, so it is only fitting that my first published work, Anaerfell, was co-authored with him.

That lazy summer afternoon was in about 4th grade. I started writing my first novel, a horror story which featured kids from my class. Unsurprisingly, I did not finish. A similar attempt with a fantasy novel in junior high brought similar results. Not until my fourth attempt at writing did I finish my first novel, completing it my senior year of high school. The final product still makes me cringe, but elements, themes, and even characters from that book still creep into what I write now.


What motivates you to write?


Read the Full Post...

No comments:

Post a Comment