Tuesday 13 February 2018

Scythes Anonymous | Joshua Robertson

Originally posted by Joshua Robertson:


Czern clumsily held the sharpie marker and etched his name on the My Name Is nametag before pressing the adhesive to his dilapidated gray robe. The letters were crooked but he was satisfied with his handwriting. It had taken him nearly a month to learn to print the five letters. Still, despite his progress in learning to write, Czern was frustrated with having to wear the nametag. It completely stole away the significance of attending the group called Scythes Anonymous.

The group leader began speaking while Czern made his way to his seat, "Please, everyone, come and find your seat in the circle of trust. After six long weeks, we are finally at the end of our little meetings. Who would like to start?"

A brawny fellow stood from metal folding chair, gripping his scythe in one hand and the white sheet that barely clung to his waist with his other, "My name is Cronus or Saturn, depending on what text you read. I didn't sleep with my scythe for the first time last night."

The male next to him with bright golden hair and a set of fluffed, white wings clapped enthusiastically.

"Cronus, I am glad to hear your progress, but," the group leader said, "I have told you for over a month to wear real clothes to these meetings. You cannot strut about in a sheet. It is not allowed in the twenty-first century."

"Please tell me we aren't going to play Twister again?" an elderly man in a pitch black robe shivered uncomfortably next to Czern. "I still don't know why you made us do that!"

"No, Father. Of course not, and it was a test of resilience."

"I am still having nightmares..."

Cronus shrugged, adjusting his sheet, "I thought it was rather enjoyable."

Father glared at the god, once a Titan, "You didn't have someone's testicles resting on the back of your neck when the spinner jammed."

Cronus returned the pinned look, "Hey! Need I remind you that I castrated Uranus and threw his testicles into the sea with this scythe?"

"Might as well," Czern mumbled, "You tell us every week."

The blonde clapped again with the same excitement as before.

"That did not need an applause, Samael." The group leader shook his head gravely.

"The hell it doesn't," Cronus bawled, "That act alone gave birth to Aphrodite, who has blessed this planet for centuries with her beauty."

"I am well aware," the leader muttered.

"Now might be a good time to mention that I actually did not sleep at all last night, so when I said that I did not...uh...sleep with my scythe -

Read the Full Story...

No comments:

Post a Comment