Sunday 1 April 2018

Inspiration Sunday | Allison D. Reid

Originally posted by Allison D. Reid:


Thanks to Lee Duigon for sharing this post–very inspirational, and a much needed reminder for so many of us!

DAUGHTER, REST.

1 MINUTE READ.

I don’t want to write about rest. I’ve been putting it off because I haven’t had time. Ironic.
Rest sounds weak, selfish. The sabbath is an outdated tradition and I’m a 21st century Christian. If I rest, I am doing this Jesus thing wrong.
Actually, if I rest, I realize I am doing this Jesus thing wrong. If I pause for five minutes, I learn how exhausted I am, how hungry I am for these words, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you…
Rest.” (Matthew 11:28, NIV)
Rest. If I do it, I dare to discover my great need for Jesus. I learn the victory of the Gospel is not up to me, but up to Him. Yikes. Say hello to my ugly pride.
Get this: when I refuse to rest, I lose sight of the entire purpose of my work. When I am too distracted by my to do list, I miss what, or rather, who is sitting right in front of me: my Savior, calling out to me, “Julia, Julia, you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed – or indeed, only one.”*
What am I working for? For my glory or His?
…Keep reading Daughter, Rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment