Monday 1 May 2017

Liebster Award - My Second Nomination! :-D | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:


First of all, thank you to Allison D. Reid for nominating me for this award. It's the second time I've been nominated since starting this blog a few years ago, so that's pretty cool. :-D
Now to answer Allison's questions:
1. What is your favorite book, or if you prefer, your favorite author?
This always changes with my mood, but so far Terry Goodkind is probably my ultimate favorite. I absolutely love his Sword of Truth series. :-D
2. Is there a country you have always wanted to visit, if so where?
It's a tie between Scotland and Italy. Scotland because it's just so beautiful, and I've always wanted to see it in real life. And Italy because my mom is of Italian descent, and it would be nice to see the place where some of my ancestors have come from.
3. What do you enjoy about blogging, and how has your blog changed in unexpected ways since you started it?
I originally started my blog to share my writing and gain new readers. Since then, it's also turned into a place where I share what I learn about writing and the industry with other authors as well. I love blogging as long as it's not something I HAVE to do and something I just do when the mood strikes me. I find I enjoy it a lot more when I'm not forcing myself. It's another way for me to get my thoughts out of my head and maybe entertain/inform others in the process.
4. What’s your preferred writing and/or blogging space?
My desk is in the lounge room right next to a huge sliding glass door that overlooks our back yard. I love having the TV going behind me for background noise when I write/blog. When the weather is nice, I also like to take my laptop out onto the deck and sit outside to write. I haven't had much chance to do that with the hot weather, but it's cooling down now. Just have to wait for a rain free day. :-D
5. How do you find inspiration?
I don't often have to go looking for inspiration. It generally comes to me in the form of dreams and a very vivid and overactive imagination. When I do need inspiration, usually for short stories, I use a plot generator to get my creative juices flowing. I don't use one idea though. I usually read through a few of them until inspiration strikes and my imagination takes over.
6. What do you like to do for fun when you need a break from writing (or from your blog)?
Read... I read or play Star Wars: The Old Republic online. Or I watch movies with my family and play board games with my daughter. Sometimes we'll even bake together or do science experiments, but that happens less often as she's getting older.
7. What started you down the road of writing and/or blogging?
I've always liked telling stories I'd make up on the spot. My friends thought I was crazy, but they loved my stories. I never considered writing them down until I was in college. My English instructor suggested I get some of my work published. But it still took a while before I finally came around to making a career of it. Blogging came naturally as a result, I guess. It just made sense to have a blog as a way to keep my readers informed.
8. Are there any Indie authors you would recommend to readers looking for a good book?
Yes, definitely. If you like epic fantasy with a steampunk feel and assassins, you'll really love Lindsay Buroker's The Emperor's Edge series. You can download the first book free on Amazon. I'm also really enjoying Joshua Robertson's dark fantasy book, Melkorka. It's taking me forever to read because I'm more tired than usual lately and I fall asleep almost as soon as I start reading (that's normal for me when my immune system is out of whack). And I'm loving Allison's Wind Rider Chronicles too. It's Christian fantasy, but its themes are subtle and non-preachy if that kind of thing bothers you. It's a really good story, and I definitely recommend it.
9. How do you keep yourself motivated?
I don't have to be motivated to write. If I don't write my anxiety and stress levels go through the roof. Writing keeps me sane, and I love it. There are days I don't feel like getting my brain in gear, but I just tell myself I'll write and paragraph and stop, but I very rarely stop after a paragraph.
10. What superpower would you choose and why?
Considering I don't have a car, flying would be a good one to have. Even if I did have a car, flying would be awesome!
11. What four people would you invite to a dinner party; contemporary, historical, or fictional?
Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi most definitely. I mean, real Jedi in my house. How cool would that be? Jamie Oliver, because I'd need his advice and help with the menu. And my grandfather. I didn't get to see him before he died, so I'd love to see him one last time. Preferably as a spirit and not a zombie...
I'm supposed to nominate 11 others, but just about everyone I would nominate have already been nominated recently, and the rest don't have blogs. So I'm breaking the rules this time. I nominated people last time, so I think I can get away with it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment