Sunday 21 May 2017

Saturday Sneak Peeks: Shadow Stalker Episode 20 | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:


Designed by Kathryn Jenkins at Magical Designs
I'm a bit behind at the moment. Episode 20 of my Shadow Stalker serial should have been out last week, but because of a viral infection taking over our house, that didn't happen. In fact, I'm still writing it, but it will be ready to go by next week.
Here's a sneak peek...

We had already been hiking through these tunnels for over two hours. There was no way I was going to go back now. "We'll make due."
I stopped at the bottom of the incline.
Makari seemed stunned. "How are you doing this?"
"I have no idea. It's as though something is guiding me."
"I hope it's someone who actually wants to help and not someone who wants to get us lost or killed," Jade said.
"Trust me." I knew there was nothing malevolent about our guide. It was likely the shadow people. "I'll go first, then Jade and Makari. Makari, you'll have to help Jade with the climb."
He nodded.
I imaged he had already guessed as much. Thank goodness the tunnels through here were narrow. The walls had enough jagged edges to easily use as footholds for the climb. I stayed just ahead of Jade letting her know where to place her feet, while Makari helped her with leverage and making sure she didn't lose her footing. It was slow going.
Some jagged edges were loose, so I was being extra careful, but when the rock shifted I lost my balance and slid down the incline.

Hope you enjoyed the little sneak peek. Sign up below and be one of the first to read Episode 20 when it's released!

No comments:

Post a Comment