Wednesday 23 August 2017

#WIP Wednesday: Lot's Going On! | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:


It’s been a while since my last WIP Wednesday. I have to admit that I haven’t been doing a lot of writing, but I do have a ton going on. A lot of it in my family life, but even more in my writing life.
First, I’m still working on Episode 21 of my Shadow Stalker serial. I’m currently writing Chapter 4, so I’m getting there. I’ve decided with the last few episodes of this serial, I’ll just release them as I write them rather than having set release dates. With my health issues as they are, it just puts less stress on me, and since deciding this I’ve actually been getting more writing done. Yay!
With my future serial, I’m going to write an entire season first (22 episodes which are shorter than the Shadow Stalker episodes), then set a release schedule for each episode, the mini bundles (which will be 4 or 5 episodes each), and the season bundle (which will be all 22 episodes).
The reason I’m doing it this way is so readers don’t have to wait so long in between each episode. I’ll be releasing the individual episodes every two weeks. The price will be set at 25 cents per episode. For people who prefer to buy from Amazon, Barnes & Noble or the other online retailers, I’m putting together the mini bundles since I can’t set the price lower than 99 cents. Those will be released every couple of months or so (depending on how many episodes there are in each).
As far as my novels, I’m still working on A God’s Deception. Rather than just planning out the first book, I’ve decided to plan out the entire series first. I’m also considering writing the entire series before releasing the individual books. There are many advantages to this. One that I really like is that I can make changes to earlier books as I’m writing. One I know most of my readers will like is that I can release the books closer together so there won’t be a long wait between books.
I’m doing a survey now on my newsletter asking my readers their opinion on whether they want me to release the books as I write them, or if they’d prefer waiting until the entire series is written. If you’d like to get a word in on it, sign up here before the end of the month and let me know which you’d prefer.
Also, at the request of my daughter, I’m starting a new middle-grade series based on the daughter of one of my Shadow Stalker characters. I don’t want to say who because I don’t want to give out spoilers for those who haven’t read Shadow Stalker yet. My daughter is a budding artist and will be doing the artwork for this series as well. It’s really exciting for both of us to have a project to work on together.
That’s about it for now. Have a great week and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment