Friday 22 September 2017

Author Spotlight: Blood Betrayal (Brothers of Fang, Book 2) by Iris Sweetwater | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:



Welcome to another Friday Author Spotlight! This week I have Iris Sweetwater with the second book in her Brothers of Fang series, Blood Betrayal. We were also lucky enough to meet with Hyacinthe, one of the characters from the book, who will be sharing a bit about herself later, but first, let’s get to know Iris.
Iris Sweetwater grew up on a steady dose of Poe and Dickinson, first getting published in poetry anthologies at the age of 13. As an adult, she has worn many hats; ghostwriter, marketer, teacher, and mother. After spending six years writing for others, she found her way to self-publishing in 2017 and plans on making this a career. When she is not writing, she loves to dance, sign, and spend time with her husband and spunky daughter.


Connect with the Author

Sign up for regular updates!

About the Book

Isaiah’s failure as the new alpha has now gone even farther than he imagined as he faces family betrayal he never expected and a slew of hybrid that must decide whether or not to join the pack. Not surprisingly, he again is finding a great ally in the young and powerful Annalise, the witch that is meant to rule the entire Olympia coven. Though, as they get closer, regardless of the chasteness of their relationship, the distance between Isaiah and his mate will grow.
Annalise is coming into her own and discovering her new powers. She thought she was back with the coven for good until the strangest order came to her from Hyacinthe, the interim leader of the coven that thrusts her right back into the middle of the drama of the Young family. As secrets are uncovered and she finds herself getting more involved with the pack, she begins to realize she is not as over everything as she thought.

Get it today on Amazon!

Keep reading for an interview with Hyacinthe from Blood Betrayal:

Where were you born, and what was it like growing up there?
I grew up in the outskirts of Olympia, Washington, inside the coven’s territory. Most people would believe it to be isolated, but it was a strong and loving community, even after tragedy struck.
Did you have a close relationship with your family?
I was extremely close to my family, especially my brother, Ren.
Who is your enemy?
My enemy is anyone who seeks to cause chaos and death in my coven or the pack. It could have devastating consequences, and I do not plan on losing anyone else, ever again.
Who do you most admire in your world?
I would never admit it to her face, but I most admire my niece, Annalise. She was raised by me out of tragic circumstance. She could have done anything with her amazing powers, but she has chosen to be loving and kind.
Tell us a little about your world, and where you fit in?
My world is one hidden in plain sight. I know about witches and shifters. In fact, i am a witch a very powerful one. I have been seen as the leader in the coven for many years as i held down the fort until my niece was old enough to take over, and I am often seen as an uncaring, independent, powerful woman.
What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?
The most embarrassing moment in my life was also my most heart wrenching. I have always been a proud and strong woman. In my weakness, I loved someone, only to lead her straight into betrayal. That betrayal led to the death of my brother and his wife.
Have you ever been in love?
I had an epic love once. She was a powerful, ambitious, blond witch who stole my young heart. I thought we had everything, and I ignored it when her ideals were radical and did not match mine. It ended in losing everyone I loved to death, her included.
What kind of clothing do you prefer to wear?
I like black, beautiful, and elegant. I can be found in a lot of dresses and lace, but always tasteful.
Would you ever or have you ever lied?
I have not lied, but I have kept the truth hidden. I think it is often for the best for people to find out things on their own in the right time.
If you had one day left to live, what would you do with your last day?
I would make amends to those I had harmed and make sure my niece had everything she needed to go on without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment