Wednesday 18 October 2017

#WIP Wednesday: BeemGee Has Saved Me | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:


BeemGee is a new browser-based app that helps authors plan their stories. I decided to give it a try when I got an email about a competition where you get a 30-day premium trial and you are given 10 tasks over the 30 days to work towards a finished outline for a novel.
It was the best thing I could have done.
I’ve been feeling discouraged because I’m stuck on Episode 21 of my Shadow Stalker serial at the moment. The ending has changed a bit, so I’m having to tie a few things together before I can move on and because of my brain fog, I just can’t seem to do it.
Having a more structured way of planning the stories with my brain the way it is at the moment is helping me focus. So I’m getting tons of planning done on A God’s Deception. The best part is it really fits my style of planning where the story is planned around the characters. So it’s working well for me, so hopefully by the end of this month, I’ll have a finished outline. I might even participate in NaNoWriMo this year since I’ll have the outline ready.
I’m going to use the same method to plan the first (and subsequent) seasons of my new serial as well.
Due to feedback from my newsletter subscribers, I’m going to write each series entirely before publishing the individual novels. I’m still trying to determine the best amount of time in between each novel, so I’ve put together a survey for my subscribers. If you want to have a say, subscribe today!

No comments:

Post a Comment