Wednesday 24 January 2018

The Foragers: A #SciFi Novel by Katherine Nader | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:


I'm an aspiring author and screenwriter currently living in different parts of the world. For the past two years, I've been travelling and experiencing collective living with friends, family and even strangers. We all have one thing in common which is meditation. I'm an active member and a volunteer for Sahaja Yoga Meditation that has helped me become who I am today. I love traveling to SY seminars, festivals, concerts, even volunteering at schools for the celebration of Inner Peace Day.

Learning about cultures, traditions, religions and even spirituality has given me perspective on many aspects of my life and a sense of 'the self.' I try to capture all these experiences in my writing. For example, The Foragers takes place in Japan, a place I visited and lived in for 3 months. I came to learn about the First Nations called Ainu. Not many people know about them, so I have mentioned them in the series. I've also been to South Korea and witnessed the harshness of the forced military service on boys once they come of age. I portray this through another character. The Kan is actually a sixth sense/intuition that martial artists practiced in Japanese history.

Connect with the Author




About the Book


"A re-imagining of the Hunger Games, where descendants of a royal samurai clan, the Ainu commune, a South Korean soldier, an American agent, and Japanese assassins work together to win The Foragers Contest." -GW


A group of contestants are multi-tasked to compete for the honor of becoming the Ultimate Forager. In order to pass the initial round, they must secure one of three registration badges, their own, their predator’s or their prey’s.

Among the contestants, two assassin clans seek recruits to win their battle for power over S.S.O. A former government agent, a boy looking for his father, an assassin, and an orphan are enemies on the path to becoming an unlikely family.


Get it Today!


Amazon | Smashwords | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo



Keep reading for an interview with Maya, a character from the book:


Who is your enemy?


Daremoga watashi no tekidesu. Everyone except for the Italian children I saved from assassination. I can't trust anyone or risk them getting killed by the S.S.O. They're everywhere.

Tell us a little about your world, and where you fit in?


That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out right now, whether I belong with the Kan, the Mori or no clan at all. But I'm a fighter and will keep trying to find my place in this world.

What are your goals?


Currently, I need to make it into the next round of the game or die trying. We'll see how it goes from there.

What is the greatest obstacle you have ever had to face?


Breaking in and out of a vault with three idiots. Oh and did I mention it's deep within a mountain? Imagine doing that ... twice.

Where is the best place to visit in your world?


Anywhere but the Shirakami-Sanchi forest, unless you have a death wish.

Do you have any hobbies?


I like to sharpen my kunai and sometimes I use them to make a fire. I've also used them to fight a bear once.

If you had one day left to live, what would you do with your last day?


Everyday feels like my last. I hope to one day put an end to the S.S.O so I don't have to keep watching over my back. I will spend my last day as I have on all other days--getting one step closer to taking them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment