Wednesday 14 February 2018

#ISWG - Why I Love #Fantasy | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:


For those who don't know, the Insecure Writers Support Group is open to all writers to share their fears, doubts, and concerns, as well as your triumphs. So if you have something to share, visit the link at the end of this post!



A Confession...


Other than the short story I wrote for 12 Short Stories, I haven't written anything this month. Well, that and blog posts. But am I worried? Okay, yeah, I kinda am...I've tried everything to motivate myself, so this week I'm trying good old fashioned just-get-out-of-your-head-and-do-it tactics. I have another short story to work on this week, then I'm going to finish up Book 1 of A God's Deception and start on Book 2. There's only a couple of chapters left to write in the first book. :-D

The good news is, if I just get to writing, I can have the first drafts of Books 2 & 3 done by the end of this month. Of course, my first drafts are absolutely horrendous and need lots of work. I think the fleshing out part of writing takes longer than writing the first draft, but somehow it's more fun for me too.

This months question...

What do you love about the genre you write in most often?
I've loved fantasy for as long as I can remember. Its been so long, I can't even remember what got me hooked.

I love that it transports you to new worlds that only exist in your (or someone else's) imagination. It takes me away from the everyday craziness of this world. Sometimes it even makes my problems seem a lot smaller. I mean, I'd rather deal with my issues than being on the run for my life.

I love the magic and how anything is possible. You can make it as real or as fantastical as you want, and it doesn't matter because it's your world.

Mostly I love that it helps me maintain my sanity. I have a very overactive imagination, and fantasy worlds are the best outlet for that. If I spend too much time not writing (like lately), I can't sleep, my brain won't shut off, and I get really depressed. The only way to fix it is to write. So that's what I do.

What's your favorite genre to write and/or read and why?



Insecure Writer's Support Group

A database resource site and support group for writers and authors. Featuring weekly guests and tips, a monthly blogfest gathering, a Facebook group, a book club, and thousands of links – all to benefit writers! #IWSG
Website / Facebook Group / Twitter / Book Club
Reedsy Discount / Past Issues
Co-hosts this month are Stephen Tremp, Pat Garcia,Angela Wooldridge, Victoria Marie Lees, and Madeline Mora-Summonte! Please visit their blogs and show your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment