Monday 5 March 2018

New This Week - I've Got a New Tablet! | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:



From now on, I’m planning to update my weekly goals and report on my prior week’s accomplishments as a way to hold myself accountable. I also thought it would be a good way to keep my readers up to date on a more regular basis.
Last week was my biggest writing week so far this year. I’m up to Chapter 2 in the second book of my A God’s Deception series. I wrote a 1000 word short story for the 12 Short Stories Challenge. I also wrote a flash fiction piece I haven’t published yet. I’ll be publishing those on Fridays that I don’t have an author spotlight scheduled.
Aside from writing, I completely reworked my calendar. I figured since I worked better on my phone or tablet, I’d buy a Windows 10 tablet to work from. It’s been great. It’s like a miniature laptop with a detachable keyboard. It’s so light, I can work anywhere in the house, which is great when I’m having a bad pain day.
Now that I can pretty much work anywhere at any time, I decided to devote Monday through Thursday to writing. I still have other little jobs to do as well, but I’m mainly going to focus on writing on these days. Friday will be my day for doing all my other work, such as setting up blog posts for the following week and so on. On the weekends, if I have time, I’ll finish whatever I couldn’t do during the week, and of course get some extra writing time in.
The other nice thing about having the tablet to work from now is that I’m not sharing a computer with my daughter anymore, so it doesn’t matter what time of day I write or do my other work. Since I don’t feel constrained by time, I’ve been a lot less stressed. I can alternate between cleaning the house and working, so I get breaks from both, and even the house is staying cleaner now.
It’s been a great week since getting this thing. In fact, I’m writing this right now at 11:22 pm while lying on the sofa and watching/listening to Star Trek: The Next Generation (I record them so I can watch them in the evenings).
Well, here are this week’s writing goals:
  1. Write 4 chapters in A God’s Deception
  2. Begin planning the last 4 episodes of Shadow Stalker
  3. Write a new flash fiction piece
  4. Plan a new short story
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment