Monday 26 March 2018

New This Week: Over 6k Words Written #AmWriting | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:



I’ve got up to Chapter 10 done in Book 2 in A God’s Deception. Of course, I accidentally skipped Chapter 7 so I suppose the extra chapter doesn’t count. ðŸ˜‰ Still, it feels good to be chugging along on that one. If I keep up with it (which hasn’t been a problem so far since using my new techniques), I’ll have the first draft of Book 2 done by the first week of May.
Shadow Stalker Episodes 21 – 24 are all plotted and outlined and I’m going to start writing this week. If I keep up with my current schedule, Episode 21 may be released as early as June or July. Keeping my fingers crossed!
I’m also excited to announce I’m beginning work on Emergence, my new serial which will begin next year. If you love Shadow Stalker, I’m sure you’ll love learning about their origins and how they got their power.
The short story planning is going well too. I’ll be finishing the planning this week and writing will begin next week. It’s a different story for me, so it’ll be interesting to write. It’s an urban fantasy (sort of) dealing with different dimensions in space and time.
I didn’t finish the flash fiction story from last week, so that’s what I’ll be doing this week. The 12 Short Stories story is finished, but I still have editing to do on that one. So I’ll be doing that over the next couple of days. It’s due on Wednesday, so that will be my first priority. I’ll be posting it here on my blog this Saturday if you’re following that story. It starts here.
These are my goals for this week:
  • Write up to Chapter 13 in AGD
  • Write up to Chapter 4 in Episode 21 of Shadow Stalker
  • Begin planning Emergence Serial (Steps 1 – 4 in my planning process)
  • Finish planning the short story (Steps 11 – 14 in my planning process)
  • Finish writing flash fiction
  • Finish editing 12 Short Stories March story
I’ve got a lot going on, but it’s been exciting getting back on a regular writing schedule again. I’m also excited about the two writing challenges I’m taking part in. This month I’m participating in the ChapterBuzz 10k Challenge. I have to write 10K words by the end of this month, but if you check the badge in the sidebar, you’ll see I’ve already reached the 7K mark. At this rate, I should have finished the challenge by the end of this week.
Next month I’m participating in Camp NaNoWriMo. I’ve set my goal for the month at 25k words. So wish me luck on that. I’ll keep you updated on my progress. (If you’re an author and participating in Camp NaNo this year, I’ve got some spaces in my cabin. If your interested leave me a link to your Camp NaNo profile below).

No comments:

Post a Comment