Monday 23 April 2018

New This Week: All Caught Up... Well, Mostly! #WIP | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:



Yes, mostly… but only because I didn’t write the flash fiction story. Everything else is all caught up.

I was a little over 200 words shy of reaching the 12.5k word count for the week for Camp NaNoWriMo. My word count from today brought it to over 13.4k, so I’m just over my word count goal for day 16. Yay! By the end of this week, my word count has to be just over 18k, so I’ve got nearly 5k to write this week.

I’ve got my work cut out for me, but I’ve got plenty to keep me busy.

I’ve finished up to Chapter 17 in Book 2 of AGD. As quickly as I’m getting through my writing now, I’m considering doing 2 chapters a day in that. That way it will be done twice as fast. Yeah, I like that idea. Plus, it will get my word count up much quicker.

The first draft of Shadow Stalker Episode 21 is finished, and I’m up to Chapter 1 in Episode 22. I’m going to start doing two chapters of that one as well. In fact, I’ll write two chapters or scenes (if it’s a short story) each day for everything.

I finished up to Step 4 in my planning process for my new serial Emergence. It’s really starting to come together now. I’m picturing scenes in my head.

The first six scenes in my new short story are done, well the first drafts are anyway. I love how this one is turning out too. I have been making notes as new ideas come to mind as well. It’s really a story I’d like to expand into a novel series at some point.

I’ve finished the first draft of my 12 Short Stories story for April. Tomorrow I have to do all the editing since it’s due to be posted on the 18th.

For those who have been wanting to hear about my new writing process, I’ve finished writing up to Step 4. I combined Steps 3 & 4 in one post since they weren’t very long. Also, I posted Step 1 yesterday, so check it out if you haven’t already.

Goals for this week:
  • Reach word count of 18,333 for Camp NaNo
  • Write the first draft of Chapters 17 – 23 in Book 2 of AGD
  • Finish the first draft of Episode 22 of Shadow Stalker and write the Prologue of Episode 23
  • Steps 5 & 6 of my planning process for Emergence
  • Write the first draft for up to Scene 12 in the new short story
  • Edit and post 12 Short Stories story for April
  • Write and edit flash fiction story
  • Write up to Step 7 of my writing process for my Blog Series

Let’s see how well I do with the added workload! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment