Monday 30 April 2018

New This Week: A Great Week of #Writing | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:




This was a great week for writing. Not only did I finish just about everything (even after adding the extra work, but I surpassed my Camp NaNo goal for the week. I needed to reach 18,333 words by Sunday and I had well over 19k words. I should reach my 25k goal this week!

I’ve written up to Chapter 23 in AGD this week, so that was 6 chapters completed, which is awesome! I’m nearly done with Book 2, then I can start work on Book 3. I should have the first drafts of all 3 books completed by July or August. Then I can do the rewrites and editing. I should be done with all that by the end of this year, which is awesome.

I didn’t get to Shadow Stalker this week, but I reorganized my schedule with that one so I do fall behind. I’m on track to having my editing done by mid-July. So I may be able to release Episode 21 as early as August or September. Then each episode after that will be released monthly.

I’ve got up to Step 6 done in my planning process for Emergence. Step 7 will take me an entire week. I’ll be putting together the story and breaking everything down into scenes. When I’m done with that, I’ll be halfway through the planning process then I can get started on the first draft. That will take at least a few months of writing since I have 20 episodes to write.

I only finished up to scene 10 in the new short story. So this coming week, I’ll be finishing up the first draft for that and moving on to Step 16 in my writing process. That involves world building and coming up with names and info for new characters that were introduced into the story while I wrote the first draft.

I wrote the flash fiction story, but it still needs editing. So this coming week I’ll be doing that and starting a new story.

And for those following my blog series on my writing process, Step 2 was posted on Sunday and Steps 3 & 4 are scheduled to go out at the end of the week. I’ve written up to Step 7 so far, so 13 more steps to go.

Goals for this week:

  • Reach word count of 25k for Camp NaNo
  • Write the first draft of Chapters 23 – 28 in Book 2 of AGD
  • Finish the first draft of Episode 22 and write all of Episode 23 of Shadow Stalker
  • Do Step 7 in the planning process for Emergence
  • Finish the first draft of the new short story and start Step 16 in the writing process
  • Write Steps 8 – 10 in my writing process for my Blog Series

I still can’t believe I wrote nearly 7k words this week. It’s the most I’ve written in a long time. I’ll catch you next week! Maybe I can beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment