Monday 21 May 2018

New This Week: Getting Back on Track! #WIP | Renee Scattergood

Originally posted by Renee Scattergood:



I spent most of last week sick again, so this week I’m getting back on track. I thought I’d have to change my due dates for everything, but then I realized I didn’t fall as far behind as I thought. So, I’ll be able to finish up what I didn’t do last week and do this week’s writing as well.

In fact, today I wrote about 3.5k words. If I keep that up, maybe I’ll be able to reach the NaNoWriMo 50k goal in November.

I’m excited this week too because I’m starting work on a new middle-grade series. It’s based on my Shadow Stalker serial and involves Auren’s daughter and her friends. My daughter wanted me to write a series for kids her age, so this is it. She’ll be doing the cover art for the series as well, so it’s something we get to work on together.

My goals this week:
  • Finish writing the first draft of Episode 24 of my Shadow Stalker serial, complete Step 16, and start Step 17 of my editing process
  • Continue with Step 7 of my planning process for Emergence
  • Finish and post my May 12 Short Stories Challenge story
  • Finish Steps 7, 8, and 10 of the planning process for my new short story
  • Write a flash fiction story
  • Complete up to Step 5 for the middle-grade series
  • Finish the first draft of Book 2 of AGD and start Step 7 of the planning process for Book 3
  • Write up to Step 16 for my Blog Series

It’s going to be a busy week! I finished my writing for today, so wish me luck for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment