Wednesday 24 May 2017

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words…Or Maybe 100,000 | Allison D. Reid

Originally posted by Allison D. Reid:


IN MY LAST NEWSLETTER, I ASKED MY READERS FOR SOME ADVICE.

For those of you who don’t get my newsletter (or just haven’t voted yet) my survey is still open. What’s it all about, you ask?
My cover art for Into the Shadow Wood was custom made by a wonderful artist–and it’s gotten a lot of attention. Readers helped me choose from a couple different concept designs for that cover, and they were totally right!
Now I am considering redesigning my Journey to Aviad and Ancient Voices covers too, so that they match in style and quality. I would release them when my next book is finished.
But before I go back to the artist and have him get to work, I’ve got a decision to make. Should I have him take the existing images and recreate them (or something similar) in his style? Or should I go with a completely new design?
I am not a marketing expert, and most of you probably aren’t either. But that doesn’t matter–you are my audience. You know what you like, and what you don’t, right? So I’m open and ready to listen.
I’ve got a survey set up, and I would appreciate any advice you have. Here are the book covers so you can see the old versus the new. (Click to see them enlarged.)

READY? TAKE THE SURVEY

No comments:

Post a Comment